Our programs run January - April. e
2020 Middle School Registration Packet
for grades 5-8 (click on PDF)
K-5 Youth Programs at Old Town Orono YMCA
- Middle School Wrestlers, Did you know?
- * Many of our wrestlers join us on the mat after playing basketball for their middle school. (Practices start mid-January, the week of MLK Jr holiday, with the competitive wrestling season running from 3rd week in Feb through end of March)
- * Many wrestlers are first introduced to the sport in middle or even high school--it is never too late to give it a try!
- * Both boys and girls wrestle. UMaine Women’s team placed 3rd at the NCWA national championship in 2018!
- * Many college and pro football players credit their football success to lessons they learned on the wrestling mat, including mental toughness and personal accountability.
- * Wrestling offers the best possible conditioning so when the mud clears, you’ll be in shape and ready for track, baseball, softball, lacrosse, ultimate frisbee, golf….